By José M. López Sierra – Puerto Rico
How has the United States Government (USG) been disastrous for Puerto Rico? Let’s look at some of the history.
- Militarily Invaded Puerto Rico to make her its colony.
- Forced Spain to give it Puerto Rico as a war prize.
- Ignored the fact that Puerto Rico had already obtained autonomy under the with Spain at the time of its invasion.
- Installed a military government in Puerto Rico for 2 years.
- Devaluated Puerto Rico’s currency 40%.
- Classified Puerto Ricans as an inferior race, to avoid having to extend its constitution to them. The USG legislated the non-incorporated territory for Puerto Rico. The United States (US) Supreme Court said that Puerto Rico belongs to but is not a part of the US.
- Makes laws against Puerto Ricans, like, for example the law that forces Puerto Rico to transport her goods on its own ships which are the most expensive in the world!
- Forced Puerto Ricans to have its citizenship to try to divert their national loyalty to the United States.
- Lied to the United Nations in 1953 that Puerto Rico had obtained self-government via the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico to get Puerto Rico off its list of colonies.
- Forced Puerto Ricans to change certain parts theirso called “Constitution”for Washington to approve it.
It has been so disastrous for Puerto Rico that more Puerto Ricans now live out of Puerto Rico. It has been so bad that more soldiers are recruited in Puerto Rico to the US military than in any of the 50 states of the Union. Does that mean that Puerto Ricans are more patriotic than the citizens living in all the 50 US? No. It means that Puerto Ricans are the most desperate from 4 generations of US exploitation!
Join the permanent resistance to force the USG to comply with the United Nations’ Charter and its 37 resolutions asking it to immediately return Puerto Rico’s sovereignty to the Puerto Ricans.
Join also because, those who have caused this disaster to Puerto Ricans don’t believe in LIBERTY AND IN JUSTICE FOR ALL!
Don’t let yourself be abuse anymore!