“On June 13th, the Day of Boricua Affirmation, we roll with a caravan to resist our colonial state, we affirm our culture, we demand our inalienable right to independence and we connect our communities in our homeland and across the diaspora. Que viva Puerto Rico Libre. Pa’lante.”
By José M. López Sierra – Puerto Rico
On Friday, June 18, 2021, the United Nations (UN) will hold its annual hearing for Puerto Rico decolonization.
Do you know that…
- The United States government (USG) has never complied with the UN’s Charter that prohibits colonialism for the past 76 years?
- That means that the USG has been committing a crime against humanity?
- The UN begins this year its 4th International Decade for the Eradication of Colonialism?
- The world regards the USG as the biggest threat to peace?
- The USG has ignored with impunity 39 UN resolutions asking it to immediately return Puerto Rico’s sovereignty to the Puerto Ricans?
What do you suppose the USG will do, when the UN publishes its 40 resolution after Friday’s hearing? The USG will ignore that too!
Now suppose, along with the 40th UN resolution, there would be 9 million Boricuas engaged in permanent resistance to demand that the USG comply with international law. That would be a lot harder for the USG to ignore! That was how Boricuas got the supposed “governor of Puerto Rico”, Ricky Roselló, out of the supposed, “government of Puerto Rico”.
Action speaks louder than resolutions!