By José M. López Sierra – Puerto Rico
The United Nations (UN) will hold its annual Puerto Rico decolonization hearing this Friday, June 18, 2021. As of today, Wednesday, June 16, 2021, The UN has no intention of broadcastingthis hearing live on its UN Web TV.The UN has several live broadcasts scheduled for that day, not our hearing is not among them. Click on the following link, and then click on “full live schedule” on the right to see Friday’s schedule for yourself: http://webtv.un.org/live/
One would think that the UN would broadcast it live, because:
- Puerto Rico is the oldest and most populated colony in the world
- The United States government (USG) lied in 1953 to get Puerto Rico off the UN’s list of colonies
- The USG has never complied with the UN’s Charter that prohibits colonialism for the past 76 years
- And thus, the USG has been committing a crime against humanity by refusing to do so
- The USG has ignored 39 UN resolutions asking it to immediately return Puerto Rico’s sovereignty to the Puerto Ricans: http://webtv.un.org/watch/5th-meeting-committee-of-24-special-committee-on-decolonization/6051725003001
- The world regards the USG as the greatest threat to peace, and
- The UN begins this year its 4th International Decade for the Eradication of Colonialism
It seems to me that, by the UN’s decision to not broadcast live the Puerto Rico Decolonization Hearing, it is helping the USG to continue committing its crime against humanity. Is this an oversight, or is it intentional?
If it is an oversight, I hope that the UN Secretary GeneralAntónio Guterres does something to correct it by Friday! If he doesn’t, what are we to believe?
Who is the UN working for?